There's a good chance you could improve your teaching if you were to:
efficiencyas a technical term, perhaps reserving
effectivenessfor the more general idea of getting stuff done well
- using apparatus, words and diagrams together to develop accounts
- developing physical descriptions before accounts that use energy and power
- emphasising the practical consequences of calculations with power and energy
Work through the Physics Narrative to find these lines of thinking worked out and then look in the Teaching Approaches for some examples of activities.
- calculating without sharing the purpose of the calculations
- running together different steps of multi-step arguments
- confusing snapshots with processes
These difficulties are distilled from: the research findings; the practice of well-connected teachers with expertise; issues intrinsic to representing the physics well.