There's a good chance you could improve your teaching if you were to:
- thinking about electrical loops
- emphasising the simultaneous movement of charge, everywhere in the loop
modelto mean a toolkit for thinking with that is capable of generating predictions
- reasoning about electrical loops as complete systems
Work through the Physics Narrative to find these lines of thinking worked out and then look in the Teaching Approaches for some examples of activities.
- not challenging imprecise language, reasoning, diagramming
- using sequential models, such as donation models
These difficulties are distilled from: the research findings; the practice of well-connected teachers with expertise; issues intrinsic to representing the physics well.